Report: 2021 – 22
- Health Centre aims at promoting and maintaining the health of students,staff and other members of the institution in specific and community in general.
- To enable the students to benefit optimally from various health camps organized by the Centre.
- To provide advisory and counseling services for the student community and parents.
It includes routine health screening/examination, health records, and sick bay, first aid and referral services. Other services rendered include, health examinations (screening tests and medical diagnosis) and health records (keeping of records of the health histories of the students).
The Health Centre functions to provide immediate medicinal and first aid to all students and staff when the situation arises. The Health Centre is well equipped with respect to the availability of basic health related facilities like thermometer, sterilizer, auto-clave, dressing drum, weight measuring machine, B. P. Apparatus, patient bed and stretcher etc.
Regular Health Checkup camps are organized with active support from hospitals and Pharma units in the city. The health care is provided with all the essential emergency equipment to tackle all emergency conditions and has four beds of IP care and fully equipped pharmacy services.
Health Centre Report
2/9/21 - Organized a webinar on the topic “COVID 19 variants, prevention and the possibility of the third wave” by Dr. Neeraj Agarwal , Dean AIIMS. The purpose of this webinar was to focus on emerging COVID-19 variants, how vaccines can adapt to these new variants, and how India can mitigate a potential third wave.
9/9/21- Organized a guest lecture on the Topic: Polycystic Ovarian syndrome in Adolescents by Dr.Malvika Reddy gynecologists - from ZOI hospital
27/10/21- Organized a guest lecture on the topic “ Bone health – Women” by Dr. Shashi Kanth MS (Ortho), MRCS (Ed), MRCSI, FRCS (T&O) Sr. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Yashoda Hospitals.
1/11/21 -Organized a guest lecture on : Topic- Diabetes a silent killer ? By Dr Ashish chauhan Dr.Ashish Chauhan, MBBS (CMC Vellore)MD Internal Medicine (CMC Ludhiana), Consultant Apollo Hyderabad India
13/11/21- Health Centre in association with GA dental clinic organized a talk on the topic “THE COVID 19 PATHWAY: A proposed oral vascular infection and the importance of oral healthcare measures by dental surgeon Dr.Sindhu
31/1/22 – ‘First responders in emergencies are known to save precious lives’ Health Centre in association with the Department of Statistics organized a workshop on the Topic “First Aid Prime- Be Aware And Save Lives” by FLO Hyderabad, in association with ALERT.
26/03/22- Health Centre in collaboration with Thyrocare organized a medical camp for diagnostic tests on various profiles. Staff (teaching and admin)students and their parents availed the services provided.
Report: 2020 – 21
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected educational systems worldwide, leading to the near-total closures of schools, universities and colleges.
In response to school closures, the management recommended the use of distance learning programmes and platforms that teachers can use to reach learners remotely and limit the disruption of education. Colleges have scrambled to find creative solutions to teaching students online, in-person but socially distant, or in a hybrid format. The pandemic has created a massive rise in teleconferencing, virtual meetings, webinars and e-conferencing opportunities
- Convenor Revathi (Eng Dept)
- Ms .Rita -Nurse–in-charge
- K Sri Laxmi (Chem. Dept )PG
- Ms Krishnaveni (Lang Dept )
- Ms Urooja ( Dept)
- Maryam BA II
- Vineela BA II
- Malliha COM II
- On 21st August 2021 organised webinar on The effect of the COVID-19 induced lockdown on Nutrition, Health And Lifestyle patterns among young adults
- Rise in online meetings- The pandemic has created a
- massive rise in teleconferencing, virtual meetings,
- webinars and e-conferencing opportunities
- E-Poster Presentation Competition :Psychological impact of lockdown; Isolation and Mental Stress from 23rd to 27th September 2021
- On 14th October 2021 organised quiz on Healthy Diet
- On 1st March 2022 organised workshop on Self Acceptance
- On 9th March 2022 The health centre and the Dept of Nutrition jointly conducted a session on dryness of the eyes by Dr Dr CH Sudheer, Ophthalmologist, M S Lions Hospital, Hyderabad
Report: 2019 – 20
- Health centre in collaboration with Adolescent Health Academy Hyderabad and Tanveer Foundation conducted a health awareness program on 5th July,2019 on the following issues: Handling Emergencies (“Hands-on session on CPR -Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation” ), Nutritional Needs of Adolescents and Significance of adolescent immunization.
- Health centre conducted complete health check up camp on 5th July,2019 for sports students on parameters such as Blood sugar, Thyroid profile, CBP, Complete health profile etc.
- Health centre in collaboration with Partha Dental organized a free dental check up camp on 20th September, 2019 for staff and students.
- Health centre in collaboration with Thyrocare organised a health camp on 7th Feb,2020 to raise awareness of thyroid disorders for staff and students.
- Health centre conducted complete health check up camp for sports students on 28th June 2020 with the given parameters such as Blood sugar, Thyroid profile, CBP, Complete health profile etc.
Report: 2018 – 19
- To work towards “Avoidable Blindness Free Telangana”, the Government has decided to take upuniversal eye screening by covering the entire population of the state under the name “KantiVelugu”.
- The objectives of “Kanti Velugu” are (i) to conduct eye screening & vision test for all citizens of the state (ii) provide spectacles free of cost (iii) arrange for surgeries and other treatments free of cost (iv) provide medicines for common eye ailments (v) educate people on prevention of serious disabling eye diseases.
- With 10 member team an eye camp was conducted at the health centre for two days from 8:am to 4:00pm.Around 300 students and staff were screened for ocular problems covering refraction errors, cataract, Vitamin A deficiency, eye infections, glaucoma, corneal disorders and diabetic retinopathy.
- It was also a community service where people from in and around Mehdipatnam and the Parents have availed the facility.
- All the necessary medicines and glucose strips for blood sugar testing were procured for the current year.
- Regular blood glucose test and haemoglobin tests are carried out for a subsidized rate of Rs 30 for staff and students.
- Ms Rita Antony, Nurse in Charge carried out a training programme for selected students of Dept of Genetics to measure blood pressure using sphygmomanometer for the sake of carrying out research projects.
- Thyroid camp for students was held on July 29 th in collaboration with Abbot India Ltd for a very subsidized rate of Rs 50 and the response was overwhelming. Over 300 students participated in the camp.
- Complete Health check up Camp was conducted for teaching and admin by Abbot India Ltd .at a very subsidized rate.53 blood parameters were tested. Free consultation was given by the physician for all the staff members.
- A free Dental Camp was held on 21st and 22nd oct in collaboration with Partha Dental care centre for all the students and staff.
- The Dept Of Health Centre has organized a guest lecture on” Lifestyle & heart diseases “ for staff & students in AV Room on 17th Feb 2018 at 10:00 am. The lecture was delivered by Dr Sajida Parveen Khan who is a Clinical Cardiologist at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills. She holds a good experience of 10-15 years in the field of Non-invasive procedures of cardiac testing like 2D &3D echo, ECG, EKG etc.
- The lecture was all about the various lifestyle diseases which are becoming very common in the present scenario like Obesity, hypertension, Diabetes etc.
- Ms Rita Antony, Nurse in Charge carried out a training programme for selected students of Dept of Genetics to check blood pressure using sphygmomanometer for the sake of carrying out research projects.
- Thyroid camp for students was held on July 29 th in collaboration with Abbot India Ltd for a very subsidized rate of Rs 50 and the response was overwhelming.
- Complete Health check up Camp for staff both teaching and nonteaching was held July 30th by Abbot India Ltd at a very subsidized rates. Free consultation was given by the physician for all the staff .
- Guest lecture by Dr Dyana ,Consultant Gyneic oncologist from Apollo hospital on 28th Sep for students and staff on cervical cancer. Free consultation was provided for the staff and students by Dr Dyana .
- A free Dental Camp was held on 21st and 22nd oct in collaboration with Denta Shine Dental care centre along with Pepsodent Company for all the students and staff.
- A Dental Camp was organized on 19th sep 2015 for all the staff and students in collaboration with Sujatha Dental care, Mehdipatnam. Discount coupons were given for staff and students for any treatment in their clinic.
- Rita Antony along with Zoology dept staff and students helped in conducting anemia check up in the Govt Zilla parishad school on 21-9-15.
- A complete health Screening Camp was carried out for all the staff members in collaboration with Dr C which included blood test for various lifestyle disorders like obesity , hypertension, diabetes and thyroid disorders for a subsidized rates.
- A health awareness programme was carried out for all nonteaching staff regarding various lifestyle disorders and communicable disease on Oct 8th 2015 by Dr Ammajee, Medical Officer , Golconda Govt Hospital.
- A Cardiology Camp was organized in collaboration with care Hospitals Banjara Hills on Dec 5th for all teaching and non teaching staff where tests for random blood sugar, ECG and 2 D Echo was carried out. Free consultation was provided by Cardiologist, Gynaecologist and Internal medicine was provided by experts.
- Haemoglobin and Blood sugar tests are being carried out on a regular basis at very subsidized rates
- On June 26th, in connection with World Drugs day an awareness drive was conducted by displaying various posters related to alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking and its ill effects.
- A complete Health checkup programme was conducted on July 24th for all the teaching and nonteaching staff and following blood tests were carried out. Lipid profile, Diabetic profile, Renal profile, liver profile, haemogram, thyroid profile etc More than 40 staff members availed the facility and health counseling was given.
- In collaboration with LV Prasad Eye Institute “ Complete Eye Screening“ Programme was carried out in the Health centre for the students on 22nd and 23rd aug 2014. The response was overwhelming and free spectacles were given for students with vision problem.
- A Nutrition Counselling programme was carried out for staff by Mrs Jyothi Chabria on Sep 9th in the Health centre . Many nutritional supplements also were distributed
- A Thyroid Screening programme was carried out for staff and students in collaboration with Abbot Pharma Co Pvt Ltd on 31st Oct and 1st Nov . More than 350 students and staff took part in the screening programme. Free consultation was also provided by an endocrinologist.
- A health insurance awareness programme was organized for all the teaching and non teaching staff on 14th Nov 2104 in collaboration with Star Health Insurance co Pvt ltd
- Ms Rita Antony Nurse in charge helped in conducting anemia checkup in the nearby Government School along with Zoology Dept staff and students.
- A Dental health Camp was organized for all the staff and students on 28th and 29th Nov in Collaboration with Denty’s Oral Health care ltd and students and staff were given discount coupons for dental treatment.
- Ms Rita Antony helped the NSS committee in the conduct of Blood Donation Camp on Dec 6th in the health centre.
- Preventive homeo medicine for Swine flu were distributed in the health centre on 2nd and 3rd of Feb 2015
- A Free Bone Mineral Density Camp was organised for all the teaching and non teaching women staff of Degree, PG and Junior College on 24th August, 2013.The camp was supported by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- A free corporate wellness program was organised in collaboration with Dr. Batra’s for all teaching and non teaching staff on 24th October,2013
- A Cancer Awareness programme was organised on 31st October as the month of October is identified as breast cancer awareness month.A guest speakers were Dr Praveen Reddy, surgical Oncologist and Dr Sharada, Gynaecologist from Continental Hospitals Gachibowli who spoke extensively on Breast cancer
- Conducted a health camp and anaemia check up along with Zoology dept in a nearby Govt. school in Mehdipatnam on 6th Nov 2013
- A guest lecture was organised on 15th Dec for all the staff members on the topic “Stroke and other Neurological Disorders” by Dr Ranganatham, Neurosurgeon from Yashoda Hospitals.
- A two day Health camp was organised on 28 and 29 July 2012 in Collaboration with R V Centre for Diabetes. A team of health experts consisting of a Doctor, Dietician and Physiotherapist was available for free consultation. Blood test included Thyroid profile screening, blood sugar and haemoglobin test. In addition there was Poster Presentation and interactive session.
- As part of the Breast cancer awareness month P.G.Diploma students were taken to Apollo Cancer Hospital Jubilee Hills on 22 October 2012 accompanied by Mrs. Rani George and Miss Rita Anthony , where they were exposed to various experts and Oncologists and cancer survivors.
- On 25 October a Breast Cancer awareness seminar was organised in the college for all the II and III yr Biological sciences students in the A.V. Room.The speaker Vijay Anand Reddy, Director , Apollo Cancer Hospitals spoke extensively on various aspects of Cancer and early detection of Breast Cancer.
- A life Saver Training Programme was organised in collaboration with Apollo Hospitals ,Jubilee Hills for the I Year B.A. , B.Com and B.Sc students on 12 November 2012 . In this programme free training on first aid and basic life support aspects were extensively covered.
- A free Dental and Eye camp was organised on 16’th and 17th December in collaboration with Vasan Dental and Eye Care, Banjara Hills for all the staff and students.