Department of Biotechnology initiated Star College Scheme in the year 2008 to strengthen the Universities and Colleges offering Undergraduate education. It is a prestigious scheme which emphasizes holistic improvement of science education at undergraduate level with special emphasis on practical training to students across the country. DBT will identify colleges with ambition and potential for excellence and help them in achieving excellence in teaching by providing academic and physical infrastructure.
The college was sanctioned with DBT Star college Scheme in the year 2020 in which four science departments were recommended by the Sixth Task force Meeting for financial support. The college was funded with a total grant of 44 lakhs for strengthening four Undergraduate departments of Zoology, Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology.
|a)Principal:||1. Chairman-Dr. Sr. P. Amrutha|
|b) IQAC Coordinator:||2. Co-Chairman- Dr. SmitaAsthana|
1. Programme Head - DrAnamikaGambhir, Sc'F'
2. Program Officer- Dr. Garima Gupta, Sc'E'
1. Dr. H.Surekha Rani, Chairperson, BOS, Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad
2. Dr. Zahoorullah, S. MD, CEO Osmania University TBI Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|e) Faculty Members:||
1. Dr. TasneemJahan, HOD, Zoology
2. Dr. PoonamDev
3. Mrs. DivyaDeepthimahanthi
4. Mrs. Juveriya
5. Mrs. Kavya
Dept II- Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology
6. Mrs. A.M. Sylaja, HOD, Biochemistry
7. Dr. V. VenugopalRao, HOD, Genetics
8. Dr. N. Swapna
9. Mrs. Ch. Jyothi, HOD, Microbiology
10. Dr. T. H. Swapna
11. Mrs. Naveena K.
|f) Secretary:||Dr. Sadaf Kalam (Coordinator) Dept. of Biochemistry|