INSTITUTIONAL ETHICS COMMITTEE
OBJECTIVES OF ETHICAL COMMITTEE
- To ensure a competent and consistent ethical review mechanism for health research proposals on human subjects.
- Formulate and publish ethical guidelines are simple to understand and acceptable.
- Provide a mechanism for consultation on urgent ethical problems.
- Ethical review of research proposals.
- To meet annually to review the policies.
ROLE OF ETHICS COMMITTEE
- Review and approvals of all types of research proposals involving human participants.
- Safe guard the dignity, rights safety and wellbeing of human participants.
- Follows the principles of research ethics, autonomy, justice in planning conducting and reporting the proposed project.
- Reviews the proposals before the start of project and periodic reviews for monitoring the research throughout the study.
- Looks into preparation of consent forms, risk/benefit ratio.
- Frames guidelines and checks into regulatory requirements and plagiarism.
AUTHORITY AND PROCEDURE FOR INSTITUTIONAL ETHICS COMMITTEE
The institutional Head, (Principal of college) will nominate the IEC by appointing scientific and non-scientific members. The expertise, experience and qualification will be taken into consideration for appointment of members.
- • Institutional Ethics Committee was constituted on 5 August 2015 with the below mentioned composition. This committee is valid for five years which may be renewed after the due period.
Composition of IEC
- Dr. Ashish Chauhan-ChairpersonInternal Medicine PhysicianApollo hospitals,Secunderabad
- Dr. N. Swapna –Member SecretaryFaculty member Dept. of Genetics, St.Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Dr. V. Venugopal Rao–Basic Medical Scientist Convenor, Research committee & Science Club St.Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Sirisha David –Basic Medical Scientist Head, Centre for Environment and climate change Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Advanced Studies, Hyderabad.
- Dr. SadafKalam—Basic Medical Scientist Faculty member Dept. of Biochemistry, St.Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Dr. M. Kanaka Durga-Legal expert Advocate Hyderabad.
- Dr. Suresh - Social Scientist Registrar Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Advanced Studies, Hyderabad.
- Mr. N. VaraprasadaRao- Community Representative Attender Dept. of Genetics, St.Ann’s College for Women, Hyderabad.