A girl student of today, who is aware of life's processes shall become a successful career woman of tomorrow with highly desirable human qualities.
“RISE WITH ZEAL TO REACH THE ZENITH”
In tune with the institutional objectives, the department aims
- To provide inputs required to understand various branches of Zoology such as Systematics, Morphology, Anatomy, Embryology, Genetics, Evolution, Animal Physiology, Ecology, Ethnology, Sericulture, Fisheries, Immunology, Biotechnology etc. So that they can use this course as a launching pad to pursue advance studies in modern and contemporary fields.
- To develop overall personality of the students through value oriented counseling which will help them in facing the challenges of life.
- To inculcate a sense of social responsibility among the students by involving them in community service activities.
Areas of Research
- Water Analysis
- Environmental Toxicology
All the faculty members are actively engaged in presenting,publishing papers at various National and International conferences. Faculty members completed Minor Research Research projecs. Faculty members have taken up new projects.
- The Department received a grant of 14,00,000 /-under DBT star College Scheme
- The department got sanctioned an amount of 5,17,750/-. under Research project from NCERT,New Delhi on the topic “Development of Manual for Identification of Species in Mangrove Regions and It’s Implementation”
- The Department is pioneer in establishing a Virtual Lab in the entire State of Telangana.
- The Museum Annimalia is Digitised for Vertebrates.
- The Department has Publications in National,International and Scopus Indexed Journals.
- Total number of Research Projects are 3 which include 1 Inhouse project, 1 DBT project and 1 NCERT project .
- Our faculty members -Dr.Tasneem Jahan received SARA award and Mrs.D.Divya was awarded International Best Young Researcher Award.
Webinars and Workshops:-
- National e-Workshop for students on Virtual Dissections in collaboration with IIT Kharagpur in 2021
- Organized 2 days webinar- DBT launch program under DBT star college scheme project –FRONTIERS IN BIOSCIENCES 2020 on 11th and 12th September 2020
- Books Authored by the Department members are 2
- A practical manual with the ISBN NO 978-93-90192-68-7(PRINT MANUAL) 9789390192694 (E-MANUAL) for III year Semester V (Paper 5 & 6) by “Books Clinic Publishing House ” in 2020-21
- A Practical manual of Zoology for III year Semester VI (Paper 7 & 8), with the ISBN NO 978-93- 90192-70- 0(PRINT MANUAL) 9789390192717(E-MANUAL) by “Books Clinic Publishing House ” in 2020-21.
- A total of about 32 students participated in various Internship programs in the year 2021 in collaboration with Learn to Upgrade, an online educational platform launched by IIT Khragpur.
- The Department has MOU with Zoological Survey of India.
- Department releases a Newsletter-Zephyr every year.