The Department of Psychology is to provide a personalized and meaningful learning experiences that foster academic excellence, instill ethics and values, and evolve the students into a Positive Personality where the inner and outer persona is strengthened and emerge as Happy Individuals and encourage a lifelong love of learning.
- To appreciate the value of psychological science in society
- To lay the foundations for a scientific perspective and create awareness about the observational and research skills necessary to pursue the science of psychology
- To develop critical thinking skills and the ability to express oneself effectively in written and oral communication
- To provide a greater understanding of human behaviour which is a prerequisite for harmonious existence in society.
- 2 Courses: BA-PEP (Psychology, Economics, Political Sciences and BA- PLP (Psychology, Literature, Political Science)
- 1 PG Diploma –Counselling Psychology.
- 1 IDC course (Interdisciplinary course) Positive Psychology for final year students.
- 1 COC (Career Oriented Course) – Interpersonal Communication Skills for second Year students
- 1 SOC (Skill Oriented Course)- Happiness
- 1 AOC (Add on Course) – Essential Counselling Skills
- Helpline Number for students and Faculty is available 24*7 Free counselling will be provided.7680983212
- International webinar was conducted on 7th sept 2021.
Title was awareness on STILL LIFE- HOPE on Suicide Prevention Day.
Completed Research Project
- Lata Subramanya is co-investigator, with Manjula Rao, Department of French, “An exploratory study to measure and identify factors affecting adjustment in college students at entry level.”
- A Case Study of a Male Tennis Player – National Conference of Sports Psychology, OU, Hyderabad.
- “ Psyche meets Nature” at the International Conference “Land, Culture, and Knowledge Systems”, jointly organized by OSLE – India & St. Ann’s College
- "Exploring the Interpersonal Context of Adolescent Depression" at UGC sponsored National Workshop “Counseling Initiatives and Recent in Varied Settings” held at St. Francis College, Hyderabad.