"To prepare the students to learn, perform, excel and grow to face the challenges of this rapidly changing world of technology".
"Learning by Doing"
- To inculcate a scientific bent of mind
- To look at nature with Physics eye
Dr.D.Sarala completed one Minor Research Project on “ Home Automation” . Another project is going on . Presented and published papers at National and International conferences. Guiding student projects.Authored text books on B.Sc Electronics II and III years under year wise and Semester system published by Telugu Akademy. Another book on “Recent Advances & Innovations in Physics Teaching & Research” - published by Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP).
The students with the guidance of faculty members of the department have developed a Robot Receptionist - which is used to welcome NAAC peer team members.
Highlights of the Year 2019-20
- A student blog has been created wherein the latest trends in the subject are posted.
- An e- newsletter is part of this blog and students are free to contribute to the blog at : https://phyelec.blogspot.com/.
- Video lectures of the faculty members are posted on Youtube channel. These video lectures are used as flipped class rooms especially for practical lab sessions.
- All the faculty members are extensively using Google class rooms and mobile apps for conducting Quiz, creating assignments, posting important information, laboratory manuals, lecture notes, career counselling.
- Head of the department, Dr.D.Sarala Conducted an online workshop on “ Smart Teaching” during Covid-19 to assist all the faculty members to adopt digital teaching methods.
- Was felicitated as an active SPOC by NPTEL, at a workshop organised at IIT,Madras on 14th July,2019. Completed the review of 95 +72 lectures of e- content developed by NPTEL online courses on two topics : Analog Circuits & Basic Electronics
- Dr. Sarala has also authored text books on B.Sc Electronics II and III years under year wise and Semester system published by Telugu Akademy. Another book on “Recent Advances & Innovations in Physics Teaching & Research” - published by Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP).
- Ms.A.Usha Rani has registered for Ph.D Program in Osmania University. Successfully completed NPTEL FDP course on “Introduction to Research” with “Elite” status.
- Ms.W.Jaya Selva Vinitha Successfully completed an FDP on BSc.(CBCS) Physics New Syllabus and completed NPTEL Course “ Learner Centric MOOCs” with Elite and Silver medal.
- Ms.Sai Prashanthi has attended a National Conference on Nano Technology and has completed NPTEL Course “ Learner Centric MOOCs”
- The department has taken up the e-5 programs as an initiative towards saving paper. e -5 programs include: