The department stresses on the importance of computer proficiency to everyone in any field which it feels is a necessity in today's competitive world.
- To introduce the youth to the revolutionary technological changes by laying a very strong foundation.
- By restoring the talents and maximizing the knowledge and upgrading the overall personality forming a unique icon in this highly competitive world.
- To provide greater opportunities in career and help them to face the challenges of the modern age. In short to begin the journey of thousands sites with a single click.
- Ms. Aparna is pursuing Ph.D at KL University,Vijayawada.
- Ms.Kavitha has registered for Ph.D at JS University,Shikhohabad,U.P.
- ARP-by Ms.Kavitha titled “Efficient Algorithms for mining top-K high utility item sets” in Data Mining has completed.
- Ms.Aparna presented papertitled Usage of &NBSP; ML-Techniques in NLP,at the National Conference(NWCOTI-2018),KLU,and Vijayawada.
- Ms.Aparna attended a 5 day Workshop on Machine Learning, Deep Neural Networks and ASR (ASR-19) from March 8th to 12th organized by Research and Navigational Unit for Navigational Electronics,O.U.Hyd.
- The Institution has introduced Sc. (Mathematics, Statistics and Data Science) as part of B.Sc. curriculum in the current academic year. This is a new addition to the programmes being offered by the dept.
- The Dept. Introduced two new COC courses during this academic year -
1. Artificial Intelligence and 2. Machine Learning.
- The performance and result in final examination of outgoing batch students(R17) and overall result of the dept. has been very good and encouraging.
- The Dept. organized a National Webinar on ‘Introduction to Data Visualization’ on 29/7/2020. Vinay Chaganti, VP, Byndr Inc. was the resource person.
- On occasion of Computer Literacy Day on 2nd December 2020, the department conducted a National online ‘Technovanza’ for faculty and students. Several of them participated in the competitions.
- The Depts of Statistics and Computer Sc. organized a Workshop on ‘Overview of Data Analysis Using MS-Excel’ for the students on 6/3/2021. D. V. Ramana, Data Science Consultant, Wissen Infotech was the resource person.
- The Dept. organized a Webinar on ‘Programmatic Thinking with Python’ for students on 20th April 2021.Ms. N. Hemalatha, Trainer/Developer, Schema Technologies was the resource person.
- The Dept. of Computer Sc. and IIC, SAIC (St. Ann’s Incubation Centre) in Collaboration with Digital Tarak conducted a Webinar on Advanced Digital Marketing ‘A place where ideas grow’ on 5th April 2021. Mr. Tarakram Thumati, Director of Digital Tarak, Hyderabad was the resource person.
- P. N. Kavitha received the Best Eminent Teacher Award from Vij trust, Thirunindravur, Tamil Nadu.
- Students from I, II, III years enthusiastically contributed articles for the dept.’s Newsletter ‘Pragyna’.
- The Dept.’s faculty have published papers in journals. They contributed to the committees of which they are a part of in their capacity as convener/member.
- Three of the faculty members Ms. Aparna, Ms. Kavitha and Ms. Deepthi are pursuing Ph.D.