SACReD – St. Ann’s Centre for Research and Development
- Vision: To integrate and maintain high standards of research based learning and outcomes in the curriculum of all academic programs.
- Mission: To develop a research ecosystem for undertaking sponsored, internal funded projects and consultancy research services in a broad spectrum of organizations.
Following committee was constituted to take care of research committee and its proposals during the year 2020-21
- Invitation of applications for ARP: In response to the invitation 7 faculty members applied with their proposals in respective fields out of which 5 were selected after thorough screening of proposals and amounts were sanctioned.Total amount sanctioned was 55,000/-
- Incentives for publications:The faculty members who published their research findings in UGC listed journals numbering about 49 were given incentives on the day of teachers day to the tune of 1 lakh
Research committee also motivated staff members to apply for different funding agencies viz,UGC TRIDE,ICSSR,NCERT,DBT et., out of which 3 were sanctioned
- “A comparative study on socio economic status of Women tea plantation worker in Assam and Kerala”Funding agency: Indian Council of Social Science Research.(Ministry of Human Resource Development) under the supervision of Smita Asthana Project Director,Ms. Popy Devi Nath Project Co Director.
Fund approved in Rs. 4 lakhs
- DBT star college scheme was also approved to strengthen laboratories of different departments (viz., Zoology,Biochemistry ,Geentics& Microbiology) in Life Sciences, amount sanctioned was 44 lakhs
- Development of manual for identification of species in Mangrove regions and it’s implementation. Amount sanctioned was 5 lakhs. By NCERT under the supervision of Dr.Divya Project Investigator
- Ann’s Research Award was given to Dr.Tasneem of Zoology department for her contributions and achievements in recognition of her research and significant findings.